polak is with a girl who went to prom a month ago
- Apr 17, 2020
Brighton vs Manchester United
Kick off: 20:15, 30/06/2020
- Unbeaten in two tough Premier League (PL) fixtures since the restart, Brighton and Hove Albion enter the round six points clear of the relegation zone. However, their recent win against Arsenal is their sole victory across their last 11 PL matches (D7, L3) - from those 11, both teams scored in seven, but Brighton managed to score more than once on just two occasions.
- Indeed, the average of just 2.42 match goals seen in Brighton’s PL fixtures is amongst the lowest in the league. In front of their own fans, that number falls even further (2.33), and just one of their last eight competitive home matches featured over 2.5 goals. Notably, their last three home draws have all ended 1-1, and the last three home defeats 1-0.
- Manchester United, meanwhile, beat Sheffield United 3-0 in the last round as they continue to apply pressure on the Champions League spots with a seven-game unbeaten PL run (W4, D3). Still, they’ve won just one of their last five PL away matches (D2, L2), and have lost both PL H2Hs with Brighton here - both by a single-goal margin.
- Stingy away from home, Man United have seen a league-low three PL away games produce over 2.5 goals. In fact, each of their last seven PL road trips have now featured precisely two match goals!
- Players to watch: Neal Maupay has been Brighton’s first goalscorer with three of his last four league strikes. Anthony Martial (MUN) scored a hat-trick in the last round - four of his six latest PL strikes arrived in the first half.
- Stat attack: Brighton have lost just one of the four PL home matches they started as outsiders (W2, D1).
- Brighton have received as many or more yellow cards than their opponents on the day in nine straight league matches.
- Twelve of Man United’s 13 PL wins this season have seen them lead at half-time.
This thread is for the general discussion of the event Brighton vs Manchester United. Please add to the discussion here.