• At School

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Never

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I can't read

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

Daisyyy

Hope it's okay if I start a thread for books (and plays and poetry), lots of people tell me they wish they read more so...voilà

Here are a few of my favourites that I think some of you would like:

An amazing exploration of totalitarianism- 1984 (Also "animal farm" by George Orwell, sounds like an agricultural guide but is a commentary on propaganda)
A greater understanding of a teenage boy's perspective- Catcher in the rye, J.D. Salinger
The best plot twist ever- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
Racism in the deep south- to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee

Plays I loved reading- Antigone by Sophocles (Oedipus too, for context), Medea by Euripedes, The crucible by Arthur Miller, Obviously Shakespeare's plays- Macbeth, Hamlet, Othello etc.
As for poetry- Ovid's Metamorphosis (I find the Penguin edition is best), The divine comedy (Dante), all Silvia Plath's work.

if harry snow or Karol are (somehow) reading this then id suggest checking out books by Dr Seuss

please give suggestions about your favs!

Thomas2

Gamer • Lover • Tester
SA:MP Tester
One-Niners
Sanwa Bidonvil
An amazing exploration of totalitarianism- 1984 (Also "animal farm" by George Orwell, sounds like an agricultural guide but is a commentary on propaganda)
A greater understanding of a teenage boy's perspective- Catcher in the rye, J.D. Salinger
The best plot twist ever- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
Racism in the deep south- to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee
your favorite books are some of the most popular (and most studied) books ever made

fuckin basic bitch