Its really time to pack it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coo

I’ve not really been around obviously but from what Ive seen and with the new announcement, y’all have something funky going on here. Staff seems impulsive and nothing really seems to be done with much thought or confidence. You mentioned how a main issue is the fact that the community is toxic, and let me please inform you that this will not go away. Don’t kid yourself. This isn’t my first rodeo, and many of you have just as much or more experience than i have. A culture has been built and reinforced by months of indecisive action on behalf of staff. Unless you want to do something very stupid such as purge all your members, it’s sticking around forever. It’s really time to bury the body at this point. I left when i thought the server was on the way to this fate, but unfortunately nothing really changed and all the problems still persist. Rickles was right, i didnt really care anymore and I left to let people who had the time to invest try and fix it up. But seriously, like it or not, this is MTG. Like, come on.

Not that its any skin off my back, but please, as a cohesive staff unit, commit to one final action for once, and just shut it down for good.

coo

Preston
I said “You mentioned how a main issue is the fact that the community is toxic”.
I dont see your point

Fluxx

VIP
you've done good here pal.... this might honestly be some of the dumbest shit I've ever read.

Toxicity and shitty behaviour has stemmed from the boredom of server downtime and development delays, but go ahead and embellish to try and make it sound like it's a never-ending decay that will continue to plague and ruin the community forever. Even MTG had shitty toxic trolling throughout its entire existence, but it didn't mean that the community and server fell apart instantly. Honestly man, if you think the community is done for and you're petitioning for its closure, why are you here? Like I'm not one to try and tell people what to do but just don't click the website bookmark anymore.. that's it, problem solved if it's bothering you that much.

Jamalz

While I do not have any of my friends here from MT-G, I clearly see that many of the ex MT-G players are using this place to get in touch with their old friends and there is no need to shut it down. It would not be easy to keep this place running without donations and SA-MP can be a way. I haven't played SA in ages now and might install it again just to see what this vc-rp in SA is all about. This is something unique and I feel that this project has a lot of potential. Shutting this place down like MT-G doesn't seem like a good option.

Menno

foreign retard
Sanwa Bidonvil
The main issue with the community is that there is nothing that ties the people to the community at all. There is no server or anything so nobody is inclined to stay other than having fun on the forums. Now I see a whole lot of staff pointing fingers at the so called "trolls' but let's be honest, what have these "trolls" actually done that made the community a worse place? Have they actively gone out of their way to get rid of people? no. Have they hindered the process of the server? no. In my eyes all that really happened was people saying the n word a couple of times, big whoop.

Rickles

Causing forum rule changes since 2020.
Management
let's be honest what have these "trolls" actually done that made the community a worse place? Have they actively gone out of their way to get rid of people? Have they hindered the process of the server?
By using racist language that isn't acceptable on a normal day but is even more unacceptable during this current time with all of the extra attention on racism? Yes, they have actively gone out of their way to get rid of people. Existing community members and potential new community members will see that sort of behavior and decide that Crea is not the right place for them. This idea of "it's just on the internet so it doesn't matter" is a fallacy. The internet is very much a core part of daily life today so what gets said here matters just as much as what gets said in real life.

If the community is interested in growing and attracting new members, then the community needs to work on being a better place by leaving racist language and other unwanted behavior behind.

Menno

foreign retard
Sanwa Bidonvil
By using racist language that isn't acceptable
Ban people using it then.
Yes, they have actively gone out of their way to get rid of people.
I have not personally seen that at all. And I know that just because I haven't seen it personally doesn't mean it isn't true but I find it hard to believe anyone cares enough to actively discourage people from joining the community.
Existing community members and potential new community members will see that sort of behavior and decide that Crea is not the right place for them.
I have seen the n word what? maybe once or twice? Just these times hundreds of people saw it and decided not to join? IMO SAMP is a dead game, that's why no one wants to join. And the few communities that still have a good player base to run a SAMP server don't wanna lose their members to Creagaming obviously.

Preston

Billy_Hardwick
VIP+
In the present social environment that is the glorious internet, toxicity and trolling is a given in any gaming community or server. You cannot try to go out of your way to silence the "trolls" that spend their time there and seem committed to the community. Yes, maybe you look down on them with your view of their personality, but they are apart of the community. Managing it by creating new ways for them to spend their downtime is not a sure shot, but a worthwhile effort nonetheless. It's not something that can be "fixed".

There are obvious boundaries which are plainly stated in the rules, other than that you can't really get all twisted up about something rubbing you the wrong way. You have to learn to grow up and ignore those you don't like. If you insert yourself into a community you are exiting your safe space and dwelling into unknown territory. What you encounter there is by chance and you have to accept what you got yourself into or move on. It is a harsh reality that you can't have everything your way.

There is obvious toxic behavior which is degrading, bullying, racist, etc. which should be (and is) enforced appropriately from my understanding. There has been some leniency from what I've seen as of late which I'm sure is due to the uncertain fate of Crea that has been in closed door type discussions by all ranges of community members. This would obviously enable a bit of willful ignorance as they wait for the next "big announcement".

Joe

bald ed
Ban people using it then.

I have not personally seen that at all. And I know that just because I haven't seen it personally doesn't mean it isn't true but I find it hard to believe anyone cares enough to actively discourage people from joining the community.

I have seen the n word what? maybe once or twice? Just these times hundreds of people saw it and decided not to join? IMO SAMP is a dead game, that's why no one wants to join. And the few communities that still have a good player base to run a SAMP server don't wanna lose their members to Creagaming obviously.
i've spent a total of 10 minutes actively being on this site and seen the N word dropped like 8 times lol

Preston

Billy_Hardwick
VIP+
lolol xd denial is a powerful drug
Before you start going into a loop of not realizing what has occurred, let me point out what most will be thinking:

•Feedback is appreciated, but don't go about it like a massive twat or no one will care what you have to say.
•If you have read over my statement above it is literally a reiteration of your crying that is drawn in a more professional and respectful light, just without all that needless bullshit about suggesting shutting down a entire community because you are angry and feel like your negative input will be well-received.

Responding to my two quotes from CSJ's recent announcement, you have made it obvious that people like you who makes these posts become the "problem" without even realizing it. Self-awareness is key if you ever want to have a voice on sensitive subjects.

A small community is not a dying one. You are making it obvious that your brain is getting a little clouded with all this denial you've been smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.