Merces Letifer's recruitment, explained

Conor

1587737858571.png

Recently the formerly known Agency was rebranded as Merces Letifer, which some people may not have particularly liked, but I am trying to change how the faction works and how it will work going forward, doing this to try to bring a lighter view from the community in regards to the faction and with this came a recruitment drive for the faction, so I decided to work similarly to the Cicada 3301 mystery (look it up if you don't know about it). Since the recruitment is finished and we have found the new faction members, I have decided to explain the three cyphers because heaps of people who partook in it still haven't got it. I made this on 4/20.

Using a basic casefile overlay, I landed a QR code on it leading to a string of text, the text read:

"Merces Letifer is looking for highly intelligent individuals. To find them, we have devised a test.
There is a unique box hidden in the top right corner of San Andreas. Find the box, and it will guide you in finding us.
We look forward to speaking with the select few that will make it all the way through.
Send what you find using PGP encryption to nzh3fv6jc6jskki3-at-protondotnet ((forum pm merces letifer))

Good luck.
Merces Letifer"

This would lead players to the top of San Andreas where a lightly hidden set of objects were placed by myself and it was asked that each player would come back and explain what he/she saw, there was also a decoy in the QR code explaining that there would be a box, rather than a knife and a devil's mask. Here is what those who found it saw:

1587736610599.png

Part two of the recruitment drive would be sent in reply to any successful answer as to what was placed at the top right corner of San Andreas.

Last edited:

Conor

The second part of the recruitment puzzle was sent privately to those who got part one correct, here is what was sent out:

Here I had some distorted Hebrew text as well as a QR code. The reason I chose to have the text in Hebrew is because I had plans to distort it and make it a small bit harder to decrypt paired with my character being a Jew. So upon scanning the QR code, you will be brought to a YouTube Link, here's the video:

In the video an onymous voice tells the player that there are 'five key numbers in the poster' essentially decoying the player away from the video, the reasoning behind this was because the exact Hebrew text in the poster was placed in the video description in hopes that players would try to translate text from an image using a stupid website, leading to several incorrect answers. In the poster I created, I wanted it not to just be a direct translation but also a riddle of sorts, this was by far the hardest part because I had to think of a way to incorporate an in-game phone number into a riddle that would lead the player in-game. This is the modified translation.

The English translation is quirky and out of place, however, when you actually take a look at everything so far and take into consideration what the voice in the video said, there are five key numbers in the poster that would guide you to finding us.

The answer to the second puzzle: 21119, my in-game phone number, and it was expected that whatever player found it that they message the device in-game stating their name and then hang up, that was the instructions given to then when the phone was answered.

Conor

The final part in this part of he recruitment was a mesasge that circulated WhatsApp groups throughout San Andreas, it read:

█▄─▀█▄─▄█─▄▄─█▀▄▄▀█─▄▄▄▄█─▄▄─█▄─▄▄─██▀▄─██████░███▀▀▀▀▀████─▄▄─█▄─▀█▄─▄█▄─▄▄─█
██─█▄▀─██─██─██▀▄██▄▄▄▄─█─██─██─▄▄▄██─▀─████▄▄░▄▄██████████─██─██─█▄▀─███─▄█▀█
▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀

█▄─▀█▄─▄█▄─██─▄█▄─▀█▀─▄█▄─▄─▀█▄─▄▄─█▄─▄▄▀███─▄─▄─█▄─▄▄▀█▄─▄█▄─▄▄─█▄─▄███▄─▄▄─█
██─█▄▀─███─██─███─█▄█─███─▄─▀██─▄█▀██─▄─▄█████─████─▄─▄██─███─▄▄▄██─██▀██─▄█▀█
▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀

█▄─▄▄▀█▄─▄▄─█▄─▄▄─█▄─▄███▄─▄█─▄▄▄─██▀▄─██─▄─▄─█▄─▄▄─█─▄▄▄▄████████▀▄─██
██─▄─▄██─▄█▀██─▄▄▄██─██▀██─██─███▀██─▀─████─████─▄█▀█▄▄▄▄─█░░█████─▀─██
▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▄▄▀

█▄─▀█▄─▄█▄─▄▄─█─▄▄▄▄██▀▄─██─▄─▄─█▄─▄█▄─█─▄█▄─▄▄─███─▄▄▄▄█▄─▄▄─█▄─▄▄▀█▄─▀█▀─▄██▀▄─██▄─▀█▄─▄█
██─█▄▀─███─▄█▀█─██▄─██─▀─████─████─███▄▀▄███─▄█▀███─██▄─██─▄█▀██─▄─▄██─█▄█─███─▀─███─█▄▀─██
▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀

██▀▄─██▄─▀█▄─▄█─▄▄▄▄█▄─█▀▀▀█─▄█▄─▄▄─█▄─▄▄▀███▄─█▀▀▀█─▄█▄─▄█▄─▄███▄─▄█████▄─▄─▀█▄─▄▄▀█▄─▄█▄─▀█▄─▄█─▄▄▄▄█
██─▀─███─█▄▀─██▄▄▄▄─██─█─█─█─███─▄█▀██─▄─▄████─█─█─█─███─███─██▀██─██▀████─▄─▀██─▄─▄██─███─█▄▀─██─██▄─█
▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀

█▄─█─▄█─▄▄─█▄─██─▄███▄─▄▄─█▄─██─▄█▄─▄▄▀█─▄─▄─█─█─█▄─▄▄─█▄─▄▄▀█
██▄─▄██─██─██─██─█████─▄████─██─███─▄─▄███─███─▄─██─▄█▀██─▄─▄█
▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀

This was actually quite easy to break down, it was expected that players who saw the message would paste the message into a notepad editor, highlight it, and translate it from there. Here is a screenshot from a participant.

No2Sopa essentially was a decoy, it is a term that supports net neutrality, something we all should support, as well as contain a digit, 2. One number triple replicates. A Negative German answer (Nein=/=9) will bring you further. I just added this one in for fun, it actually was more of a decoy from the second one but still contained the information, it was right there, in front of anyone who looked at it hard enough.

Although this recruitment drive for The Agency is finished, I had tremendous fun thinking, smoking trees, creating and confusing you all with these puzzles. Please let me know what you thought about this way of partially recruiting players and if you do or don't like the direction the faction is going in.

Also congratulations to anyone who did get the answers correct, and continue playing with the puzzles, they have been rewarded by receiving more challenges, this time, in-game stuff to test their roleplay ability.

Luciano

SA:MP Admin
SA:MP Admin
Was very fun trying to figure this all out, at 4 in the morning last night barely being able to think straight😂 props for setting up a good challenge giving everyone a fair chance. Good luck to the lads that made it through x

FatNugget

‏‏‎ ‎
Thank goodness Conor isn't a school teacher everyone would fail their exams