[OFFICIAL] Fog Horn Appreciation Thread

JamesCharles

Sanwa Bidonvil
This is a thread where you can discuss your love for fog horns with friends!
I think this is neat!

Dinkle

the best guy
There is nothing quite like the sound of a Type F Diaphone fog-horn. It is arguably the most illustrious sound to ever be created on this earth.
The diaphone was originally based on the organ stop that was made by Robert Hope ones (Who also invted the Wurlitzer Organ) which then slowly became what you know today as a traditional fog-horn.

The fog horn is extremely useful during what its name suggests; fog. It weighs itself through the fog to alert other boats of its presence, and with a sound that masters 120db, it faintly clears the way and only paves itself to success.

To most comon folk, they have only heard fog-horns in the movies, but to experience it in person is much more of a rewarding investment of your time; you feel at ease with the fog horn, knowing its moving other ships out of the way during the mist and avoid all collisions possible.

Thank you, fog horn.

JamesCharles

Sanwa Bidonvil
Thanks for the reply, Dinkle! I'm happy that I am able to converse with fellow intellectuals while preserving the fog-horn's history. I'm happy that we, as a community, can all agree on one objective truth.

Steven

Hamas in the 70s
Sanwa Bidonvil
living near a harbor the sound of foghorns bring me back to my childhood and the days on the whale ships in the deep Atlantic seas. The one time we caught a large beluga just on the outer banks ah good days