Possibility to ask MTG devs for the mapping filterscript used in LV

Solving the mapping issue

• Move to LS

• Use YT vids when MTG was still in LV as reference

• Do Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shawn

Title says it all. I was just wondering if this is possible, because I really miss MTG back when it was in LV, when we had the airport bank, a functioning DMV, etc.

Tim

SA:MP Admin
SA:MP Tester
I hope so. I miss some of the 2.0 mapping like the bank close to the airport.

Slime.

Unknown-member
And fix those damn marina ramps, i don't remember them being like that. lol

Era

mors veniens
I never played 2.0 to be honest but if you guys think it is better then why not having it back

Shawn

I hope so. I miss some of the 2.0 mapping like the bank close to the airport.
ya know what. I'll try contact one of the devs in discord tonight. I'll see what I can do about it. Implementation is only possible if the big man approves it of course

Reactions: Tim

FatNugget

‏‏‎ ‎
Rickles might have the filterscript since the beginning of MTG.

MichaelHarris

Let's hope that there's someone who experienced as mapper applying for mapper position, maybe we would have a great mapping

Shawn

Let's hope that there's someone who experienced as mapper applying for mapper position, maybe we would have a great mapping
no matter how experienced they are its gonna be a lot of work, plus no one could remember every custom mapped venues/buildings there was in LV. This was the main reason why I considered obtaining past mapping filterscript to be an option. Did anyone get ahold of Rickles btw? I don't have his discord so...

That being said, I planned on contacting Einar, but if memory serves me corectly, Einar was only an admin back in 2.0. For reference, here's a screenshot of the mapping filterscript and its contributor(s), see if anyone could contact one of them

Last edited:

Tim

SA:MP Tester
no matter how experienced they are its gonna be a lot of work, plus no one could remember every custom mapped venues/buildings there was in LV. This was the main reason why I considered obtaining past mapping filterscript to be an option. Did anyone get ahold of Rickles btw? I don't have his discord so...

That being said, I planned on contacting Einar, but if memory serves me corectly, Einar was only an admin back in 2.0. For reference, here's a screenshot of the mapping filterscript and its contributor(s), see if anyone could contact one of them

Willy: @cossie#2213

Not sure about the others but you could toss Willy a PM and see whatsup.

Shawn

Willy: @cossie#2213

Not sure about the others but you could toss Willy a PM and see whatsup.

ehh Willy's a no go my man. Looks like the majority of the devs lost the files a long time ago. I mean seriously, if we're gonna do this, there is only one way, but its incredibly slow and tedious. My suggestion is to look for every YT vid out there when MTG was still in LV, perhaps we could use the footage as reference. Like I said this'll only work if there's full support from the entire community. If you want the work to be much easier, i suggest we move back to LS, because we already have the previous mapping filterscript of dynamic objects with specific coordinates set-up, its just a matter of actually implementing them into the server. What do you say coo ?

Robson

ehh Willy's a no go my man. Looks like the majority of the devs lost the files a long time ago. I mean seriously, if we're gonna do this, there is only one way, but its incredibly slow and tedious. My suggestion is to look for every YT vid out there when MTG was still in LV, perhaps we could use the footage as reference. Like I said this'll only work if there's full support from the entire community. If you want the work to be much easier, i suggest we move back to LS, because we already have the previous mapping filterscript of dynamic objects with specific coordinates set-up, its just a matter of actually implementing them into the server. What do you say coo ?
I agree with your point that it would be much easier if we just moved back to LS however i dont think thats something we want to do as coo already stated at the end of the LS LV poll, tbh why cant we be unique and create new areas from our own original ideas that way the server is formed by the current player base which in the long run i believe will be much more rewarding and will make players want to stick around.

csj

😌
Management
SA:MP Lead Admin
One-Niners
Community competitions would be cool if people know how to map

E.g Competition to map the Marina with a reward (whether it's IG rewards or something like $30) - it'd probs also attract other people by word of mouth in the SAMP community that do know how to map also.