The way forward is East Los Santos

peroo

One-Niners
Since the server is currently dead and no one wants to play in LV and Vice City is not happening i think we should go with MY original idea of moving the server to East Los Santos and forcing everyone to do gang rp. Let's face it, gang rp is the only fun and interesting rp that lasts, both on samp and on the server, like if you're not doing gang rp what the fuck are you even doing??? So i think we should:
-Move the server to East Los Santos with the old marina in East Beach
- Bring back 5k paychecks so no one has to job grind
- Transfer people's arms dealer level so they don't have to grind that either (or completely change the weapon system but there are different suggestisons for that)
- Have bussinesses and houses only in the eastern part of LS up to Glen Park and City Hall or whatever since it will keep the smaller playerbase to a part of the map, which will lead to more people interacting with eachother in more than one place instead of just the marina
-Encourage people to make to make factions and roleplay by giving bonuses in drugs or whatever along with easier chances for official in the early weeks of opening so that things are easier for factions and they can attract more people
- Fix the bug where you keep your weapon if you relog after death
- Fix all the problems that people are complaining about on the forums, but that should be the easy part

This plan might have many flaws but it's definetely better than the current state of the server and it will actually be unique and might even attract players that weren't on MTG

Bigot

stupid fat bitch
yes gang rp is the bees knees 110%, but it’s all been done before in LS, it was the origin of gang rp - we want something new

vice city is the answer

Juicebox.

So will Vice City have vice city interiors and samp interiors or just samp interiors im confused

Reactions: tom

Shawn

The reason why a lot of people aren't interested in playing in the server in the first place is I assume that it has to do with the lack of decent mapped objects. Without decent maps being implemented into the server, this just renders the whole script useless, as people would lack interest in role playing (not that they can't i'm just saying maps enhance the experience because you create more opportunity for roleplay). So yes, decent maps are just as important because it is what distinguishes a server from dozens of copycats out there. In addition, we still have to deal with incorrect virtual worlds being set at different businesses. What's fucked up about this is the fact that places like the bank has the interior set to the LS DMV. Don't get me wrong mapping is a HUGE task. Not only do you have to position objects correctly, you also needed to make sure that your map does not exceed the maximum streamable objects. The process of creating a map for the whole city could take months. That's why I proposed that we use 2.0's mapping filterscript for now, while the devs work on creating better maps, but my suggestion was denied. I believe we could make the gamemode work by doing what I just proposed temporarily. That being said I believe moving to LS isn't the solution, because why should you run away from a "problem" when you can tackle it head on?

FatNugget

‏‏‎ ‎
The reason why a lot of people aren't interested in playing in the server in the first place is I assume that it has to do with the lack of decent mapped objects. Without decent maps being implemented into the server, this just renders the whole script useless, as people would lack interest in role playing (not that they can't i'm just saying maps enhance the experience because you create more opportunity for roleplay). So yes, decent maps are just as important because it is what distinguishes a server from dozens of copycats out there. In addition, we still have to deal with incorrect virtual worlds being set at different businesses. What's fucked up about this is the fact that places like the bank has the interior set to the LS DMV. Don't get me wrong mapping is a HUGE task. Not only do you have to position objects correctly, you also needed to make sure that your map does not exceed the maximum streamable objects. The process of creating a map for the whole city could take months. That's why I proposed that we use 2.0's mapping filterscript for now, while the devs work on creating better maps, but my suggestion was denied. I believe we could make the gamemode work by doing what I just proposed temporarily. That being said I believe moving to LS isn't the solution, because why should you run away from a "problem" when you can tackle it head on?
Kinda agreed. They could use the 2.0 mapping filterscript, now that Willy even gave it to us. If you want VC, go play VCMP and if you want LS, go play LSRP. But if you want something else and wanna have a map with all RP opportunities, come here at Crea.

Varney

have u a fettish for MTGs old mapping? give it a rest

cosg

VIP+

just go to fucking LS if you're not going to vice city, it's logical to lean towards the next popular vote if the most popular isn't an option

Mastakilla

One-Niners
We will move to east ls and niners will dm everyone and then you'll be crying to have lv back, Vice City all the way!

Shawn

Same thing, plus the chances of the server succeeding is greatly diminished if we were to try something as uncertain like VC. About 4 months ago people petitioned to have the server based in LV, then they whine about things not working out and tried to convince management to move back to LS or VC. If people are still unhappy and an uprising occurs, what do you wanna do? Move again to another location? What I don't understand is, why should the opinion of a few effect the whole community? We've seen this happen before back when MTG was still up and running haven't we? According to our previous experiences back in 2.0, at least we now know that LV works (playerbase was around 80-100 7 years ago), its as simple as that, you can even use that as a benchmark.