Update to the mechanic job

Flores

Old School
SA:MP Tester
I've discussed the update for the mechanic job with some of my friends and we all agree that the leveling is far too difficult for anyone, even popular mechanics will find the leveling to be arduous. 1000xp per level is very difficult to achieve when you receive a only 20xp per /fixcar and a very modest 50xp per /noscar or /hydcar, which aren't even unlocked until you've reached level 1. Moreover, I don't see what "perks" that are needed/relevant to the job that could be added once level 2 is achieved. While I do see why the levelling system would be implemented, personally, I prefer the mechanic job without one, but as I've said previously; the biggest complaint regarding the newest changes comes with the little xp one is awarded for fixing cars or installing modifications such as N2O and hydraulics.

How do y'all feel about it the changes to the job? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

JoeW

Hanky Panky
VIP+
+1, people are just gonna be trying to spam fix their own cars in order to have the ability to add nos. Having it so hard to level up just encourages that kind of non-RP behaviour.
The idea has potential, it makes sense you'd get better after having more mechanic experience, but atm it seems like there aren't enough benefits to outweigh the negatives.

tom

Maybe your level being higher means you can also carry more engine parts or something? I don't know just thinking of ways to balance things out.

Jack

top shagger
SA:MP Moderator
VIP+
One-Niners
The mechanic job is already poor roleplay and money for players, now mechanics are even PAYING customers to have their car fixed for the xp. This isn’t good and the xp level needs to be reworked or potentially lowered like Kacper has said