polak is with a girl who went to prom a month ago
- Apr 17, 2020
Watford vs Southampton
Kick off: 16:30, 28/06/2020
- Without a win since the Premier League (PL) restart (D1, L1), Watford enter the round just one point above the relegation zone. Pre-match favourites, this is nonetheless a matchup Watford don’t enjoy, having won just one PL H2H since 2015 (W1, D5, L3). Adding to their woes, the ‘Hornets’ have managed one paltry win from seven PL home matches entered as favourites this term (14.29%).
- Just one of Watford’s last five PL outings have seen both teams score. Those five matches averaged just 2.0 goals per match, and with a strong late bias: 80% of the goals arrived in the second half. Over the season, Watford have been in front at half-time in just two of 15 PL home matches (13.33%).
- Southampton, meanwhile, have recorded a win and a loss since the restart, with four of their last five games also seeing just one side score. Unbeaten in four PL visits to Watford, they’ve been ahead at half-time in three of those, and subsequently dominate the first half aggregate score 5-1.
- Overall, there’s been entertainment on offer from Southampton on the road recently, as four of their last five such matches featured at least three goals, while two thirds of their road trips have produced over 2.5 goals. Strong in the first half, Southampton have been down at the break on just two occasions away from home in the PL.
- Players to watch: Feeling superstitious? Watford legend Troy Deeney has found the back of the net in five of the last seven even-numbered rounds! Meanwhile, Danny Ings (SOU) recorded his team’s opening goal in 14 PL matches this season.
- Stat attack: Only one of Watford’s last ten league fixtures has seen the home side on the day collect more yellow cards.
- When Watford win, it’s been in matches where they’ve scored the first goal (100%), or kept a clean sheet altogether (83.33%).
- Southampton’s three latest PL wins came ‘to nil’ and covered a -1.5 hcp.
This thread is for the general discussion of the event Watford vs Southampton. Please add to the discussion here.