We need a clearer idea on whats considered "DM"

mooney

Ostrich Tamer
SA:MP Tester
Sanwa Bidonvil
Right so basically I'm making this thread as there's a very vague idea of what DM is currently on Crea gaming, I'm making this thread to get the playerbase's thoughts on what should and shouldn't be considered DM, for a start I'll talk about something I feel isn't DM but have been told by others it is.

You encounter a player you wish to rob,
After aiming your guns at the player they attempt to flea the situation in car,
When it comes to being in a car with the engine on I feel players should have the choice to flee if they want but the robbing party should be allowed to shoot and kill the player attempting to flee from the robbery.

In my mind this isn't DM but I'd like to hear what other players are thinking

Nick

I agree with the situation you said above, if the engine is on there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to run. In the mind of the robber, they should be able to kill the victim because there's no telling if the victim will tell the police or try to retaliate with his friends.

Kostas

Deathmatching pretty much shooting to someone without being reasonable or not having a "reason" to shoot at them. Deathmatching can be called aswell even if you roleplay it all the way.

Example.

You crash to someone, your car is destroyed- you roleplay getting out grab your slack, shoot them. That is borderline deathmatching since you wouldn't really kill someone IRL if they crashed at you.

Example No2

Someone crashes at you, your vehicle is little to no damage. Your wife dies in the crash. You have a gun on you. In that excact moment IRL you'd prolly kill him with your fingers, not only if u carried a gun. SO
If carried out properly, it's a valid roleplay situation that you can't get reported for deathmatching.

mooney

Ostrich Tamer
SA:MP Tester
Sanwa Bidonvil
Deathmatching pretty much shooting to someone without being reasonable or not having a "reason" to shoot at them. Deathmatching can be called aswell even if you roleplay it all the way.

Example.

You crash to someone, your car is destroyed- you roleplay getting out grab your slack, shoot them. That is borderline deathmatching since you wouldn't really kill someone IRL if they crashed at you.

Example No2

Someone crashes at you, your vehicle is little to no damage. Your wife dies in the crash. You have a gun on you. In that excact moment IRL you'd prolly kill him with your fingers, not only if u carried a gun. SO
If carried out properly, it's a valid roleplay situation that you can't get reported for deathmatching.
Yeah I know what DM is but every server has their own "definition of DM." This thread is to open discussion on what should and shouldn't be allowed.

Juicebox.

Yeah it's a rule that can be different based on the situation. Essentially it comes down to "Would you kill somebody if they did this to you IRL?"

If you were running somebodies stuff with an illegal firearm and they try and run away, you bet your ass im shooting them.

Horgan

Tiocfaidh Ár Lá
Yeah it's a rule that can be different based on the situation. Essentially it comes down to "Would you kill somebody if they did this to you IRL?"

If you were running somebodies stuff with an illegal firearm and they try and run away, you bet your ass im shooting them.
But then you have people who say “my character is a psychopath and he’s the type of person who would kill a man for looking at him funny”

Juicebox.

But then you have people who say “my character is a psychopath and he’s the type of person who would kill a man for looking at him funny”
I think you got to base it off the mindset of a rational human being not Ted Bundy, HORGAN